DESIGN WEEK TWEETS is an experiment we developed within Urbanscope that compares a 3 weeks period of geo-referenced Tweets we gathered on the city of Milan. During the 2nd week the International Design week took place (from 16th to 22nd of April, 2012).
This preliminary experiment aims at understanding if its possible to inquire such digital traces to provide new knowledge on how city dynamics change through time when something special happens.
We’re currently analysing the data we gathered:
- looking for spatial concentrations and discovering how “landmarks” (places from which people contribute the most) changes through time;
- comparing the operational level of the city in terms of spatial and temporal distribution with the Design Week period (e.g. which are the places that change the most? are there emergent areas? in which part of the day did people visit design places the most?) ;
- discovering emergent groups (e.g. who came for the Design week? how many foreigner? how did they move through the city?);
- analysing what people named the most (e.g. which brand? which place?);
(2) spatial clusters across 3 weeks (design week in the middle)
Images above are a just preview of our work. If you’re interested in the results or in further developments of this research, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org